And then there was Beaut. He gets his own special page as he was the first, and only guy, to have stuck around for several months, during my 6 years as a single girl. Many of my stories involve him, most of which are hilarious. Also, because he made an impact, both positive and negative – I learned a LOT about myself through him. I’m grateful for this chapter in my life, and I look forward to taking the lessons learned and applying them in a positive manner as I move forward.
- Opera and chill
- When opera leads to supper
- I am faithful to Taylor Swift
- That time Vanilla tried to be sexy
- First red flag
- 2nd red flag: that time I went insane
- Dating sucks: life was simpler when I was a cat-less cat lady
- Where I rediscover that Mimi is fidèle
- That time I realized I was going to be OK
- Beaut debrief: where I realize Coach is wise, I’m insecure and my therapist will be rich
- Where I discover I have a new friend
- Freud, little girls and tomatoes
- I’m all confused about love
- Used goods
- Used goods vs crazy: which is worse?
- The concept of space
- I fail at feeling sorry for myself
- Sometimes vanity is the only thing keeping me going
- I’m going on a peniscation
- To be or not to be a Queen B
- Friday smiles
- Cerebral vs emotional: an afterword
- Working through the Beaut legacy
- Where I discover I have the same friend I had before
- A valuable lesson
I believe we’ve finally hit the end of the Beaut saga. After one lie too many, one unnecessary betrayal, I’ve unfriended him on all social media accounts, blocked him on Messenger, cried my last tears and moved on. He unfollowed my blog.
C’est la vie. There will be others.
Addendum: Closure and forgiveness.